Ferno Norden Group - our environmental objectives
Ferno Norden Group is a driving force and an advisor for the green shift in the areas where we deliver product solutions and in the way we operate our business. We want to contribute to achieving the UN's sustainability goals, and do what we can to achieve those goals as a company. Navigate on this page using the links below or scroll down.
1. ISO9001 and ISO14001
- We focus on working out solutions that involve reuse of materials, through suppliers and manufacturers that we already work closely with. We also work to ensure that our partners have the same focus on clear goals for and about sustainable production. By using quality products with a long service life, which can be reused or recycled in a good way, such as Ferno products, we reduce the amount of waste.
- We take social responsibility and are committed to be an inclusive workplace. Our premises at our Nordic warehouse are energy efficient with geothermal heat and heat pumps, and in the future we want to improve solutions with solar panels and solar collectors to further streamline energy consumption. We will build and stabilize ourselves with a sustainable economy in the Ferno Norden Group. This will help us in our ability to prioritize the sustainability goals we have set ourselves - at the same time as we see that it provides value in itself.
- We are a company that conducts own transports in connection with customer visits, product presentation and product training. It is important for us to think about sustainability in transport needs, such as when using and exchanging company cars.
- We see the value of having a good and correct education, and focus on raising the employees in terms of knowledge, which is also important considering the importance of good competence in the areas of use our products are used.
- We are certified according to ISO9001 and ISO14001 for a systematic environment and quality focus!
2. UN Sustainability Goals
Our sustainability work follows and is based on the UN's Agenda 2030, which consists of 17 global goals for sustainable development that aim to eradicate poverty, stop climate change and create peaceful and secure societies. read more here!
4. QUALITY EDUCATION
We will make it possible for our employees to develop their own competence in what we produce and the products we deliver to our customers, as well as make it possible for our employees to develop and increase their general competence.
8. DECENT WORK AND ECONOMIC GROWTH
We challenge and facilitate that our employees are given work tasks that suit and challenge their competence. As a company, we will continue to grow and be financially sustainable to create a safe workplace for our employees, and we will be a sustainable supplier for our customers for many years.
9. INDUSTRIES, INNOVATION AND INFRASTRUCTURE
We will facilitate that our employees can take part in the daily operations to create innovative products and services that we can offer our customers as a supplier. We want to be a driving force for a sustainable restructuring of the business community where we with an efficient use of resources and environmentally friendly technology and production contribute to making the business community more sustainable. With a high proportion of our own production and inventory at Skoppum, we can deliver directly from us to the end customer, and thus reduce the climate footprint.
12. RESPONSIBLE CONSUMPTION AND PRODUCTION
We focus on ensuring that our materials can be recycled and reused. We strive to offer products where the largest possible proportion of materials used during production can be recycled, and we offer our customers a program where they can return the item to us for recycling and / or reuse. We set clear and unambiguous goals to reduce the amount of waste before, during and after production, and we strive to be a driving force for sustainable schemes for public procurement.
We at Ferno Norden know that we cannot achieve the sustainability goals alone, but if we - with our employees, partners, customers and suppliers work together to achieve the goals, we will contribute what we can. By setting clear and distinct requirements for our partners, customers and suppliers, while at the same time placing the spotlight on what we can do to contribute to achieving the goals, we do what we can. respect for basic human rights and decent working conditions and ensure the public's access to information.
3. The Transparency Act
The Transparency Act (Norwegian law valid from 1 July 2022) is a law that aims to promote businesses' respect for basic human rights and decent working conditions and ensure the public's access to information. You can read more about the law and what implications it has on all Norwegian registered companies following the link above.
Ferno Norden Group has carried out a self-evaluation of the suppliers in 2023 and will ask for further information and confirmation from our suppliers until the next report.
Our work with the Transparency Act will be part of the overall internal control system and the ISO Quality System in Ferno Norden Group for the group's own operations and for the group's subsidiaries.
As a supplier to the Nordic aid organisations, defence organizations as well as emergency services and other pre-hospital operations, Ferno Norden Group is subject to the rules in the "EU Medical Device Regulation" (EU MDR) and through this is required to set requirements for suppliers in relation to CE marking and other imposed standards such as documentation and instructions for use in the local customer/user's language.
Our future work will include a further assessment of the extent of possible breaches and opportunities for improvement among the company's suppliers to set requirements for improvements and documentation of this. A clarification of the company's supplier policy, including the preparation of ethical guidelines and guidelines for purchasing in accordance with the premises of the Transparency Act, will also be an important part of further work.
Please read more about how Ferno Norden Group work internally to meet and superceed the law requierments. Click here for full annual report 2023.